BOC shortlisted bids still under evaluation
This refers to the Biz Buzz item titled “Lone bidder bid” (Business, 2/11/15).
We wish to apprise you of the following facts relative to the public bidding held for the “Selection of System Integrator for the Design, Implementation, Operation and Maintenance of Integrated Enhanced Customs Processing System and National Single Window for the Government of the Philippines.”
- The bidding for the above-mentioned computerization project of the Bureau of Customs is being conducted jointly by the Procurement Service-Department of Budget and Management and the Bureau of Customs; and the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) which conducts the bidding is composed of four officials from the former and one official from the latter.
- During the shortlisting process, five interested consultant-bidders submitted documents for purposes of short-listing. Four of them were declared “passed” during the opening of the documentary submission; one was declared ineligible.
- All consultant-bidders participated as joint ventures.
- After preliminary evaluation of the four bidders, only one was shortlisted. Of the three bidders not included in the shortlist, two were declared ineligible on several grounds in accordance with Republic Act No. 9184 and its IRR (implementing rules and regulations); one failed to reach the minimum score required to qualify for shortlisting.
- The bidders that were disqualified filed their respective requests for reconsideration, which the BAC denied. None of them filed a protest questioning the BAC decision, in accordance with the procedure laid down under RA 9184 and its IRR.
- In all procurement stages, observers were invited pursuant to RA 9184 and its IRR; and there were observers who were present during almost all major bidding activities. These observers, by far, have not made an exception report on our bidding processes.
- There is no award yet as the bid of the shortlisted consultant is still undergoing evaluation.
With this we hope have clarified matters at hand.
—FRANCIS MARIE N. PALOMO, supervising administrative officer, General Administrative Services Division, Department of Budget and Management
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.