Find Ninoy’s murderer for sake of incarcerated soldiers
This is in reaction to Ceres P. Doyo’s two-part series, “Who killed Ninoy?” (8/16/18 and 8/23/18). These are my why’s:
1. Cory and Noynoy Aquino were presidents for 12 years altogether but did not exert any effort to find out the truth. They had all the power and government resources, but they just conveniently pointed to Marcos as the mastermind.
2. The tale of Maj. Sgt. Pablo Martinez points to Danding Cojuangco as the man behind Col. Romeo Gatan and Col. Ochoco, handlers of Galman, but nobody dared to take up this lead.
3. Colonel Ochoco lives in the United States and could be
extradited for investigation.
4. Capt. Felipe Valerio, commander of the Aviation Security Command (Avsecom), lives in the US. He could be extradited. Both men, Valerio and Ochoco, are former Avsecom officials who can provide a flood of new information.
5. The driver of the van, Air Force Sgt. Ruben Cantimbuhan, had an interesting story, but nobody seemed to be interested.
Most of these low-ranked soldiers fought with me in the MNLF wars of the ’70s, and it pains me to see them waste their lives in prison. Some of them may be out of jail, but they are old men now. Wasted lives. Victims of political games. Please give them justice by finding out who killed Ninoy.
CASIMIRO LAROCO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.