THERE are numerous online social networks to choose from. But for purposes of discussing how to join one, we choose Facebook.
1. First, go to Facebook.com. You do this by opening your Internet browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer), and type, www.facebook.com.
2. After Step 1, you will be taken to the Facebook website. Fill in the details needed in the ?Sign Up? section of the webpage.
3. The Sign Up page will ask for your full name, e-mail address, your preferred password, your gender and birthday. Once that?s done, click on the ?sign up? tab.
4. Facebook will ask you to type two random words as part of a ?security check.? This makes sure that a person is actually joining.
5. Wait for a few seconds until Facebook tells you to check your e-mail to confirm your registration.
6. In your e-mail, check the link that is included in the message sent to you by Facebook.
7. After Step 6, you will be directed back to Facebook. Just follow every instruction. (There are at least four steps to complete your registration, but you can skip some of them.)
8. After Step 7, you?re done. You?re now a member of Facebook. You can now start modifying your profile and adding friends.